Sunday, May 17, 2009

Becoming an Eagar-ite Part 1

So looking at the title you are all probably wondering what the heck an eagar-ite is. Well here is the definition. An eagar-ite is someone who does everything perfectly. Kind of like Molly Mormon but not exactly. For one the person lives in Eagar. Second they can everything. Make everything homemade, their house is perfectly cute, etc. Now why am I doing a post about this. Well after almost living in Eagar for two years. I am finally becoming one of them. And here are the pictures to prove it. I am also going to doing it in parts, so maybe when I have a couple hundred parts then I will finally be perfect like the eagar-ites. So please enjoy my new series.
These are the only pictures that would upload. I also made freezer strawberry jam, and juiced lemons and froze for lemonade in the summer.
Canning peaches for the first time last summer

Raegan's bow holder that is in the kids bathroom.

9 comments:

MERN said...

Karen you are too funny. I am sure I am an Eagar-ite and I have NEVER been creative or had the want to can anything!
I think you just have to appreciate the goodness of Eagar to be an Eagar-ite! And that is you I think!!
Love ya!

Erin said...

That's awesome! I wouldn't even know where to start with canning a single thing... except maybe butter. I'll email you today with a few questions for the pictures.

The Hoffmans said...

The bow holder is so cute! Just so you know, I want to use her bows when I have a girl... they are really cute.

Anonymous said...

Very cool how crafty you are, but I don't think you need to become one of them. Keep your freak flag flying. Shake them up every once in a while.

It's the only way to stay sane.

buddyandsarahaws said...

You go girl! I need to come get some canning lessons from you. :)

Lonly Mom/Grandma said...

Here's another Eagar-ite that is far from perfect. I think I swore while talking to Brother Wright during primary. Mary

Lexi said...

So cute! And awesome that you canned your own food. But who wants to be perfect? Blah!

Emily P. said...

I can't do anything crafty or even know how to begin canning. I also don't use a lot of coupons. Maybe if i lived there i would begin to be a little more mormon. but wait...then i would have to commit coupon fraud and go to jail...:)

Rachel said...

The Eager-ites sound a lot like the Thatcher-ites I know! It was so good to see you this last weekend. Email me at tyandrachelfam@gmail.com and I'll get you access to my blog. Thanks!