This post is not going to include pictures. Sorry! I am going to vent instead. How are wives supposed to do it all? Especially mormon stay-at-home moms? I mean there is so much to do. Taking care of the kids, (spending equal time with each), cooking, keeping the house clean, having the perfect kids, make everything homemade, perfect yard. perfect bodies, perfect social life, etc. I mean I don't know how some do it all. I don't know, why I am venting about this but, lately I feel like I can't get anything done. And if i do, something else starts. I think the reason I am venting is because I haven't seen Rand in the last couple days, and I feel so alone. (I HATE football season.) Anyways, and another thing. I think that I have a weird personlaity because people will be my friends at events but then they never call me to do stuff. Oh well maybe I will just be a hermit crab in my home. Well that is enough venting for now. Hope everyone has an awesome day.
12 comments:
Aww, you make me sad! Let me teach you something that it's taken me 15 years to learn. . .the only things that matter are your children and your husband. And I'm still working on the making the husband matter. But helping your children be happy and healthy as they navigate this earthly existence is the most important thing you will do in your life. Know that I feel the guilt all the time that I can't spend the time with my children that I want to. But I am doing the best that I can and my Heavenly Father knows that. And yeah, I'm looking at a horribly messy house. But it doesn't matter. I've loved my children today and now they're off doing their own things and it's all good. I feel so badly that you have to be a hermit crab. I, too, grumbly about the fact that no one ever calls me or checks up on me. That's because everyone thinks I can always handle everything and that nothing gets me down. Well, it's not true, and people are probably thinking the same as you. So we swallow our pride and WE make the calls. I never get turned down, so it's up to me. I know you don't want to hear that, but that's the way it unfortunately is.
But you know I love you and wish you could be here or us there. Someday! Call me if you need to talk!
"Sister Gillespie"!!!!!
Karen, sometimes I think the same thing and I'm not anywhere near the same position as you. I think that one thing you need to do is relax. You need to spend some time by yourself or at least doing something you want to do. Scrapbooking is a good thing. That is what I do, except I tend to watch T.V. I'm sure your not the only one, trust me. Oh! About the whole party/friend thing... I'm the same way. YOu are totally not alone. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever have a great friend like Tabitha is to Wendi. For now, don't stress out about too much. It is not a good thing. I LOVE YOU!!!
Good to know that someone else feels the same way!! Karen, it IS hard being a mormon stay at home mom... or just a mormon woman for that matter. I say that because mormon women tend to compare themselves to others FAR too much (I know I do). But what I've found is, the more I know about someone, the less I think their life is perfect. It just seems that way at first. I have a hard time with just one baby and I can't imagine what it's like having two, but I think Heavenly Father doesn't want us to focus on what we are not doing. He just wants us to focus on what we have the ability to do at the moment. If that's not as much as a girl in your relief society is doing, who cares! I'm also having the friend struggle. It gets harder and harder to make friends the older you get. I am learning that I have to be the one to initiate or else I will be very lonely (which is what I have been for the last 3 months). The good thing is that we DO have control over that and someone is probably waiting for our call.
Oh Karen! I miss you! I wish so badly you were here so we could hang out!!!
I think every Mormon mom has the same worries as you. And it doesn't help when you see other people who seem to have everything together. The thing to remember is that what YOU see is not how things really are.
You DON'T have to have the perfect house, yard, body, kids. What you have to worry about is spending time with your kids, Rand, and yourself. You can slowly work up to having everything together but, it's not something you'll be able to get to immediately. And who cares if your sink is piled with dishes, the laundry isn't done and there's weeds to be picked - atleast your kids are happy and healthy.
Some ideas??
Look into some quick easy meals that take 20-30 min to prepare. Or better yet - find some yummy crockpot recipes that you don't even have to stress over! And it doesn't have to be homemade!!
Take 10 minutes every night to have a cleaning frenzy. Get Rand and Kaiden to help ... just run around the house putting everything back where it belongs. Each person can focus on one area or you can all do the whole house. 10 minutes isn't too much to ask from your husband and son.
If you want and easy way to work out, take Kaiden and Raegan (sp?) to the park and chase Kaiden around while Raegan plays on a blanket.
There are tons of blogs out there for people who need help getting their lives organized. Let me know if you want me to find you some.
And you do NOT have a weird personality!! I guarantee you that there are so many woman out there that are feeling the exact same way as you! I know it's hard but, if you're assertive and give them a call I bet they'll admit that they were feeling the same way.
Again, I wish you lived here so you wouldn't have to worry about all of this! I hate to see you feel like this. It's no fun to have these feelings and feel like your not good enough. But, if you just take 15 minutes for yourself everyday to do what YOU want to do it will help you relax and have a better outlook on things.
I should have just sent you an email instead of this novel of a comment. Come visit during football season if you want. Call anytime you need to talk. Hang in there girl! This is just one of those trials you have to go through so you can one day enjoy exaltation!
I love you, Karen. and don't you forget it!!! There's LOTS of people down here in Thatcher that love and miss you!!
Jami
Karen, I make the headbands (most of them) and it's really pretty easy. A super easy way to do it would be to just buy a headband from Walmart or something and then take off whatever they have on it and add your own flower or whatever you want to add. I buy flowers from any scrapbook store - not the paper ones, but those would work too - and then I hot glue a little rine stone or button to the middle of it. Then buy some snaps (like on baby onsies) from Walmart/Michaels and glue those on so that you can interchange the flowers on the different head bands.
I feel like I'm not making sense (maybe it's just my bed time!). Send me an email and I'll email you back with specific instructions. rinpackard@yahoo.com
Oh this makes me miss you guys! I miss having you right next door!
You are not weird! But I think everyone feels that way sometimes! It's hard to live up to that "perfct" image! But trust me, NO ONE is as perfect as they look. I miss seeing you, the next time you come down we need to get together.
you have a great personality Karen! I love it when you come down to family dinner! I feel the exact same way, i feel like there is something wrong with me too because we don't have many friends and we rarely get calls from anyone. You are pretty, i am jealous of your craftiness, and you are a great mom!
you are a great friend and I don't think your weird! And if I wasn't such a hermit crab myself with school and all I would invite you to do stuff. Hey infact they are starting up vollyball on thursday nights again or you have always had the open invitation to come to dance class. It would be fun! We could laugh at ourselves together!
Hi Karen! After awhile you will realize that the only people that matter are your husband and children, not outside friends. Kumen coached football for 14 years and with us living on the "Rez", it was not easy to find friends. So I just started concentrating on my family, making sure they were learning the gospel, eating nutritiously, etc. I had to quit comparing myself to other mothers in the ward. And when I started doing the best I could do, other mothers began complimenting ME, which was bizarre. You cannot believe the satisfaction that comes from realizing that your happiness comes from your own family and not others. And as for Rand being gone, this too shall pass. We love you!!
Oh Karen! I’ve been such a lame blogger lately. I’ve been meaning to comment, but I’m a slacker. Your kids are adorable! It was so fun to finally see them in person! I know it’s even been a few weeks now, but it was so fun to hang out with guys while you were in Tucson. My hubby recently changed jobs and went from working 40 hour weeks to working 60+. I understand the alone thing! I wish you guys lived closer! So my baby isn’t even born and I struggle with the same things. I don’t know how I’m going to make it work once this kiddo comes. I found this website called Flylady.com. I’ll warn you it’s so cheesy, but so helpful!! I haven’t conquered everything, but it sure makes me feel better about trying. FLY stands for Finally Loving Yourself—which is easier said than done. The Flylady helps you get into routines, so you don’t spend all your time cleaning and can enjoy your kids and hubby. I think Jami said something about cleaning for 10 minutes. This philosophy is for 15 min, but same principal. You can do anything for 15 minutes! Seriously check out this website!! I also have a link to it from my blog!
Oh my new favorite thing is digital scrapbooking! The program was $20, it’s called Scrapbook Factory. They have ready template and you just double click to insert a pic, make a little comment, and print on photo paper. I’ve even started having them printed at Kinkos because it’s 59 cents. That’s cheaper than buying a printer cartridge. I don’t know if you’re into traditional, adorable, time consuming scrapbooking, but I’m not creative enough for that! The most I have ever spent on a page is 15 min! Let me know if you want more details but it’s fabulous!
Your home is beautiful, your kids are adorable, and you are SMOKIN HOT!!! Hope you have a great day!!! Talk to you soon!
YAY I am so happy I found your blog! So Ok Mrs. Karen! I can't write you a novel because I have no experiences as a mom YET but I do have experience with laundry!lol It is like a ring it will always continue & I know from watching my sisters with her kids that usually you don't even get to finish one thing before another starts so I say expect it & it will help you better enjoy it! Ha the solution is no solution! He he! I can help with getting you out of the house though! I too HATE football season! Grrrrr! ha! So call me up or e-mail I think you need some Brenna Lovin! You know you miss it! lol! brenners_9er @ hot mail.com
Post a Comment